Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cancel Class Because It's Raining


My students cancelled class because it was raining. I was sad because they might be making excuses frown emoticon
.
Punctuality means "Arriving to appointments on time (in time)." Some students depend on others. One student is about twenty years old (20) but only goes places with her mother. She says she is only a child, but I told her that she is an adult, not a kid. She does not have a motor bike. Her mother is like a helicopter parent, which means the mother cares smile emoticon
.
But maybe the mother cares too much. As parents, we have to help our kids but we should not help too much. We should give children freedom but maybe not too much freedom. We need some kind of healthy balance. As children, we should do our best to listen & obey our parents as much as we can. However, we also need to find our own way in life, especially since our parents may not always be around for us in the future, which means we need to begin learning how to be individuals with independence frown emoticon smile emoticon
.
But independence must be learned & experienced. As we grow up, we have to learn how to do things without the help of our parents or the help of others. We should try our best to make our dreams come true. We should try our best to minimize excuses or reasons for absents, tardiness, procrastination, failures, distractions, retreats, alterations, & apathy
  • Kim Liên Love you heart emoticon
    Unlike · Reply · 2 · 13 hrs
  • Joey Arnold Love you, too
  • Bich Anh Le I can't go outside , always at home , go to school , go home . Sometimes i can go with my friend but they can't allow to me go out alone . Eventhough i'm 17
    Unlike · 1 · 12 hrs
  • Bich Anh Le Maybe they have only me
    Unlike · 1 · 12 hrs
  • Con Điên smile emoticon maybe you right... but some parents doesn't understand... they thought that is good for us...
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · 13 hrs
    • Joey Arnold Right. Understood. Thank you so much for this comment. This is part of life. We are stuck in the middle of this mess or party. We got to do our best to make the best with what we have & we should try to understand and empathize or sympathize with parents/children/people & we should try to let others know what we think & then we should try to negotiate with them maybe
      Like · 2 · 13 hrs · Edited
  • Nguyễn Thiên Nga This post is very useful. It is the big problem in Vietnam. Thank you for writing Joey Arnold
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · 13 hrs
  • Doãn Bá Sơn There are a same person like this in in my office...
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · 13 hrs
  • Tươi Vũ · Friends with Trúc Mai
    Be punctual! Yes, Saigon has 2 main seasons, dry and rain, so if the raining is the reason for being late, it could be 6 months to be late.
    Unlike · Reply · 2 · 13 hrs
    • Joey Arnold People can be late because it's raining or even because it's sunny. In other words, they can always have a reason or excuse for being late. They say it is too wet, cold, dark, early, late, sunny, or even hot
      Like · 1 · 12 hrs
  • Thu Ha Great post:) meaningful
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · 12 hrs
  • Lý Toét Exactly
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · 11 hrs
  • Kiet John Lai King Kong.
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · 8 hrs
  • Huong Thu Pham extremely exact
    Unlike · Reply · 1 · 6 hrs · Edited
  • Joey Arnold A Vietnamese woman, maybe 20 years old, shared this post until I posted on her wall,. After I posted spam on her Facebook, she unshared this article of mine here & she may have also blocked me as well. It seems that she liked what I wrote until she saw me spam all over her profile, wall, timeline, and on her photos. After that, she may have thought that she needed to unshare this masterpiece chapter because of the crap and advertisements I give to friends, family, Mormons, snakes, & people in general. Many people run from me like this like I am a terrorist
    Like · Reply · 1 · 5 hrs · Edited
  • Uyen Do I very like learning E .i wish i can speak E as you
    Like · Reply · 1 · 3 hrs
  • David Lyonz You can start by not abbreviating. People do not do this in English. You must write the full word. These sort of abbreviations are unacceptable. The word is "English" not "E"
    • Joey Arnold I agree with David Lyonz because it is better to be more careful when writing, talking; in communication. When you talk in code, when you talk in your own language, when you use inside jokes, abbreviations, short-cuts, too many outdated references, quotes from movies, archaic things, or whatever, you run the risk of being misunderstood, misquoted (out of context even), misinterpreted, misrepresented & stuff.....
      .
      Sorry, I must admit that I make mistakes when I write. I may do some crazy things when I write or in what I say. I may have my reasons. I can justify it. I have excuses. But it is still dangerous, risky, & stuff like that... do what I say & not as I do... I am a bad example...
      .
      Abbreviating "ENGLISH" with the letter "E" is not acceptable in book English, as in more official, formal, traditional English... that is used for IELTS, TOEIC, colleges, work... etc.........
      .
      Street English may accept "E" to mean English. However, it can still be confusing. E-mail means Electronic Mail. So, E can mean English or it may mean Electronic. It may stand for other things as well.... it becomes confusing.... so, it is better safe than sorry
    • Joey Arnold
      Write a reply...
  • Jojo Duong useful
    Like · Reply · 1 · 2 hrs
  • Ikhtisham Akhtar · Friends with Không Tên
    But some parent don't that thier childern being bad boy
    Like · Reply · 1 hr
  • Ikhtisham Akhtar · Friends with Không Tên
    And thank you soo much sir joy
    Like · Reply · 1 hr

    No comments:

    Post a Comment