Saturday, May 23, 2015

Private Lessons Advice


Hi all,
I'm looking for some advice from people that have done private English lessons or are doing private English lessons now, your help will be greatly appreciated.
As I have never done private lessons before I don't know a lot about how things should work.
1. Where do you usually run your lessons? At your home? At the students home? In a quiet coffee shop? Somewhere else?
2. How much is the going rate for private lessons?
3. What resources do you use for the lessons? I know about solutions books, which are great for school students but not for adults. I will most likely be teaching different age groups.
Any other advice that I haven't thought about would be great too.
Thank you in advance
  • Joey Arnold I teach at a coffee shop near 17 Saloon Vietnam. I was born 1985 in USA & moved to VN in 2012. I normally get 50.000 VND/hour and sometimes I teach for free. I use a bilingual visual dictionary or whatever the students bring
    .
    Bilingual flash cards help as well. First, I get to know them and customize curriculum to meet their needs
  • Joey Arnold
    Write a comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment