Wednesday, March 22, 2017

2017-03-22 WEDNESDAY 6 PM VINCENT 005 JOB INTERVIEW

2017-03-22 WEDNESDAY 6PM VINCENT 06 ENGLISH CLASS TEACHER JOEYARNOLDVN

.

Review

.

Mundane: normal

.

I had a normal day.

I had a mundane day.

Mundane is all about doing normal routines again and again.

.

Routine: activity; trip from place to place

.

Prefer: like

.

My legs want to run around or walk around or get around or move around.

.

Haircut

.

Interview

.

Good first impression

.

Submit

Submission

.

You need fluent English skills.

Your English skills need to be fluent.

.

ANZ

Z. In Vietnamese, Zeh.

.

Letter Z

.

Z = ZEA in ENglish

Z = Zeehhh in Vietnamese

.

She lives in Vietnam.

She is Vietnamese.

.

Vietnamese living abroad.

.

My main customers would be, for ANZ, Vietnamese living abroad.

.

International Vietnamese.

.

Foreign Vietnamese.

.

Oversea Vietnamese

.

Vietnamese living overseas or abroad or in other countries.

.

You can take your time to introduce new things into conversations, like foreign Vietnamese.

.

On the spot = in the situation = at the time

.

On the spot = random + without preparation

.

Scary things make us afraid and fearful

.

Our emotions can help us prepare for new situations

.

Emotions should be used to our advantage and not avoided.

.

Use emotions:

First, because emotions can help.

Second, because they're always there and if you don't, then they will hurt us instead of help us.

.

Hurt = damage = hit = punch = kick = abuse = harass = effect

.

Sickness hurts us.

Hurt creates pain.

.

Headaches hurt our head.

.

Viet Kieu = oversea Vietnamese nationals

.

I had an urgent call.

.

An article said international Vietnamese were required to get or maintain their citizenship before July 1st 2014.

.

Should you talk about that law in your interview?

.

They focus on the money.

.

ANZ tries to collect American dollars, that is USD.

.

Maybe my English skills is not good enough to talk about it. I don't have enough English vocabulary to talk about those laws or law in general.

.

Is ANZ more focused on foreign Vietnamese than other foreigners?

.

What kind of customers do they try to get and keep?

.

Why are they trying to get more dollars instead of other currencies and bills?

.

Some laws may not require banks to pay interest on deposit fees for dollars and American currencies.

.

What about Euro?

.

They try to collect foreign currencies, including dollars (USD), and not Vietnamese money, dong, VND.

.

Vietnamese currency has high inflation.

.

It is inflating.

It has inflation.

.

1 USD was about 10,000 VND in 2004 or so.

1 USD is now about 22,000 in 2017.

.

Stock markets in America in 2017 went up by over 3 trillion dollars.

Twenty seventeen.

Two thousand and seventeen.

.

Reviews

.

Lesson reviews

.

Do you like to review previous lessons?

.

Do you want to review during the class?

.

Empathy

Sympathy

.

Empathy: I did it

Sympathy: I did not do it

.

Do you like to review also during the class?

.

Like, right now?

.

Do you have a date for an interview yet?

No, but I'm preparing if they call me back for an interview.

.

I cannot explain some things clearly or well enough or good enough or clear enough.

.

Emotions

Shyness

Fear

Scared

Afraid

.

Take advantage of your emotions.

.

I feel bored with my manager, with customer policies, and with management.

.

Customer service seems to be too counterproductive (opposite of productive): counter means go backwards

.

Counterproductive means it is getting worse instead of better.

.

I hope I can get this soon in a short time like by April 2017, in the next month.

.

I don't want to meet my manager or boss sometimes.

I dread (hate) meeting my boss.

.

What can you do if you are shy or scared?

.

My finance company's brand name recognition is not so good or is not very popular or too new, as it is only two years old.

.

McDonald's has a lot of brand recognition.

Deposit

Field

Reputation

.

It is necessary.

.

Bank = Ban + KKKK

.

Bankrupt

.

Poor

.

Thesaurus.com

Thesaurus = synonym dictionary book

Synonyms = similar words (vocabulary)

.

Negotiate: deal; barter; compromise

.

Make a deal

.

Foundation

Fundamentals

.

Bull doze: destroy

.

It is hard to remember words I do not use everyday at work or at home or anywhere.

.

Standard Charter Bank

.

I worked there from 2013 to 2016.

.

Reputation

.

Conflict

.

I was not able to continue working there. I had to quit or stop, or they fired me or laid me off or something.

.

I worked there 4 years and then moved on.

.

Early

Established

Company

Establishing

.

Who own that bank?

.

Where are these partners from?

.

Who do those partners work for?

.

Partners may work for other banks or companies or corporations or institutions.

.

Stocks

.

15% of Standard Chartered Bank is owned by Telemasek Holdings Pte Ltd.

.

Shareholders

.

Middle earth

Middle East

.

Cash flow

.

Gold

Oil

Diamond

.

People who control the flow of money have more control over the world.

.

Security is high.

.

I hope I can go to your country.

.

I hope I can get a visa to go to your country.

.

I hope I can go into your embassy to get a visa to go to your country.

.

I need a visa in order to go to your country.

.

If I wanted to go, I would find a company to help me go there.

.

Slave

Servant

Stuck in jail

Trapped in prison

Servants, slaves. Staff.

Employees.

.

A slave is a staff with a low salary or wages.

.

Slaves and servants are employees or staff that are not paid enough money or compensation (money, etc).

.

Vietnamese government treats Vietnamese like they are slaves, like staff but not paid enough money or other things.

.

If you are not allowed to immigrate, then you are a slave, like trapped, because you do not have the freedom to leave. This is true in North Korea.

.

You can watch stories of people who escaped North Korea.

.

Can North Koreans immigrate? No.

Can Vietnamese immigrate?

.

Sponsor

.

L.E.P. = Limited English Proficient

.

LEP means you know some English. Like, a little fluent in English.

Maybe an English Beginner or Starter.

Or maybe Intermediate.

.

Oregon is a state above California.

Strange

.

Little Saigon

.

We have snow in the winter and heat in the summer.

.

What is the temperature in the winter in Oregon?

Colder than it is in the summer, generally, like cold enough for ice and snow.

The water may freeze.

.

It gets below zero sometimes in cold places.

.

It goes under zero or gets below zero sometimes in cold places.

.

F

C

.

C = Celsius

F = Fahrenheit

.

It freezes under about 40 F or like 20 C

.

Freeze at 32 F or 0 C

Or 273.15 Kelvin

.

Tropical

Summer

Take off your shirt

.

You sweat lesss in colder weather.

Sweat is water from your skin and body.

Sweat balances body temperature.

.

Strength

Weaknesses

Introduction

Can you tell me about yourself?

.

It connects you to them.

.

Your back story or your biography connects you to them better.

.

Why should we hire you?

.

If they ask you why they should hire you, then you can ask them why you should work for them.

.

Evaluate

.

Does that company meet your expectations for what you want?

.

Worth

.

Worth = value

.

Is it worth it?

.

Do they qualify?

Are they worthy to work with you?

.

Is it worth it long-term?

.

Long term = long time = many years

.

Salary expectations

.

Why did you leave your last job?

It was boring and the customer policies were too bad and I have more potential that I want to meet and you need me.

.

Compatible

.

What they need is compatible with what I have.

.

I have what you need.

.

Only smart people will know you are smart even if you do not talk smart.

.

You can talk simple and you can hide your wisdom (smartness) and that can be ok sometimes.

.

They like people with passion and dedication and determination and consistency.

.

Passion = love and drive and working hard and fire and soul

.

Dedication = commit day by day to complete it

.

Dedication = commitment + faithfulness

.

Faithfulness = work hard day by day and again and again, consistently, diligently, with dedication, commitment

.

I don't want to faithful.

I just want to be smart.

.

Some of it.

​​


Continue this next time.

.

2017-03-22 WEDNESDAY 6PM VINCENT 06 ENGLISH CLASS TEACHER JOEYARNOLDVN

​​

.


No comments:

Post a Comment