Wednesday, March 29, 2017

2017-03-30 THURSDAY 8 AM PNT ADDICTIONS


​​


2017-03-30 THURSDAY 8 AM PNT ADDICTIONS ENGLISH TEACHER JOEYARNOLDVN

.


Open Office, N.

.

Libra Office

.

Computers

.

Different on the inside but not on the outside, probably.

.

Sleep

Life

Computers

.

Plan ahead by 6 to 12 months

Have goals for the next five years or more

.

You are old enough to have experience but too old to react and to innovate.

.

Boss

Employer

.

Lead

Manage

.




It is better when bosses lead staff rather than manage them.

.

Some people retire in their 40's, when they're about 40 years old, and others work a lot into their 70's.

.

If you want more control over your company, as a boss, that will require more work.

.

Bosses who are managers will then manage their staff like farmers manage cattle and crops and food like products in a factory.

.

A good boss will not only manage but also lead.

.

A good boss will try to hire a manager who can manage in order to focus more on leading rather than managing.

.

People who manage may include managers, secretaries, accountants, clerks, and agents.

.

Naps are healthy. Taking breaks helps health, vitality (n.).

.

Vitality = health

.

Vitality is the quality of your life, of your health.

.

Vitality is vital (adj.).

.

Vital = important.

.

Today, we talked about sleep, retirement, work, money, plans, goals, employers, staff, profit, love, passion, vitality, hope, joy, capabilities, & destiny.

.

Employers can have more work than employees, but bosses can also be more capable and able and ready and prepared to then therefore handle additional work.

.

Additional = more.

Capability = ability.

Capable = able = prepared = ready.

.

We are able (adv.) to do it.

We are capable (adv.) to do it.

We are capable of doing it.

We are ready to do it.

We are prepared to do it.

.

Employers are born to lead and manage.

.

Employers are not employees.

.

Employers should encourage staff who are potential employers as well.

.

Some staff can get promotions, go up corporate ladders, improve their lives, income, salary, and thrive (v.).

.

Thrive = do good.

.

I want to thrive at work.

I want to do good at work.

.

Employers can begin to work less as profits and work expands (v.).

.

Expand = get bigger.

.

Floods make rivers expand.

Floods make rivers get bigger.

.

Flood = too much rain water on the ground, rising towards your knees and then to your head.

.

Rain = water from the sky, from clouds.

.

Flood = water on land

.

Some employers are able to make their companies more effective, efficient, and everything within the work and the structure.

.

The boss is at the top of the chain of commands or the pyramid (tower) structure.

.

Chain Of Commands = diagram (map) of a hierarchy system which shows the rules and structure of the company.

.

Diagram = map.

.

I need a diagram (n.).

.

I need an illustration (n.).

.

Illustrations = maps.

Diagrams = maps.

.

Diagrams are maps that show us how something works specifically.

.

Diagrams are used to help engineers make engines in cars and airplanes.

.

Blueprints are diagrams.

.

Blueprint = building map.

.

I need a blueprint (n.).

.

Illustrations are maps or art or pictures that tell a story.

.

Illustrations can be cartoon comics.

.

I like Garfield, a cartoon comic story of a cat.

.

They showed that Garfield cat in newspapers, in the cartoon comics section (part / place) of the newspapers and on TV and in some movies (films) too.

.

Movie = film = phim

Phim is Vietnamese for film.

.

Movies are normally longer than TV shows.

.

Movies are normally about 60 to 140 minutes long, as in about one or two hours long.

.

TV shows are often 22 or 44 minutes long.

.

A 22 minute long TV show will be fit in a 30 minute time slot.

.

Slot = space in schedules

Slot = space or a place that is empty.

.

Empty = nothing there.

.

Failing to plan is like planning to fail.

.

No pain is like no gain.

.

No pain, no gain.

.

Something is better than nothing.

.

Love what you do and do what you love.

.

Make time for people.

.

A good leader comes down to the level of the people, and the staff, in order to help them up.

.

A bad boss can yella t staff too much like my drunk dad yelled at our dog.

.

The way people treat animals is often a reflection of how they treat people, both good and bad.

.

The meaning of life is love and the meaning of love is life both experienced and then therefore shared too.

.

Life is better when cherished, appreciated, earned, and shared.

.

Cherished = loved, treasured, valued, cared-for.

.

We talked about sleep. I try my best to take care of myself. I think about the rules. I try my best to fit in with others. I try not make too many splashes. I try not to always be too rebellious or evil or bad. I try to be friendly.

.

I do not want to always hurt people. I wait for people to sleep before I sleep. I want to try to blend in or fit in or get along with others.

.

We talked about my life a little bit today. I am making enough money to survive as I have been for the last 4 years in Vietnam since 2012. Now it is 2017. I'm happy for opportunities (n.).

.

My plan, as it has been, is to save money, work hard, continue working, continue living, continue teaching, continue writing, continue sharing everything I can with others, continue sleeping a little, continue eating when I can, continue doing what I can to take care of myself, continue drinking enough water, continue to take care of my health, continue to learn, continue to save what I write and make, continue to make videos when I can, continue to take photos, continue to make pictures or illustrations, and I will eventually go on to try to fix my bigger problems when I can and when I feel I have enough time and money and ability and everything.

.

Like I have said before, if I go to leave Vietnam, I might not be allowed to return to Vietnam that same day or that same year or ever again.

.

When or if I ever do leave Vietnam, I will try my best to prepare myself for whatever might happen.

.

In my future, I may be in Vietnam, Cambodia, the United States, or other countries as well.

.

Photo = picture = image = visual imagery

.

Imagery = image

.

I like photos (n.).

.

Drug addiction is a disease and not just a crime.

.

In life, we get addicted to things.

.

Some become addicted to drugs, beer, sex, money, power, cars, shoes, clothes, influence, travel, pleasure, lust, and whatever.

.

There are consequences (n.) for actions (n.).

.

Consequences = negative results / problems.

.

Train children.

.

Be patient in guiding (training) children.

.

Children = kids = not adults = not grownups.

.

Train = help = mentor = guide = instruct.

.

Some people want to fidn drug addicts and throw them in jail.

.

Addicts = people with addictions.

.

Addictions = dependency = for example, we get addicted to beer and feel like we have to and must and need to and are required to drink beer and have more beer.

.

Must = required = have to.

.

Some addicts go to recovery programs and they are able to get help to help them stop addictions.

.

We are all stuck in addictions.

.

Everybody has addictions.

.

Some have more addictions that are more dangerous.

.

Your real friends help you overcome and conquer and stop addictions.

.

Jail (prison) does not really help addicts.

.

You can stop an addict for a month, but that addict will probably go back to his or her addiction after that.

.

Stopping an addiction does not eliminate (destroy / end / kill) the addiction.

.

Addictions must be replaced with other addictions or choices or habits.

.

Lifestyle = daily habits, actions, life choices, decisions.

.

A good employer understands that his employees have addictions.

.

We are sometimes addicted to sleep.

.

We are addicted to procrastination.

.

Procrastination = do it later. Stop. Delay. When we put off work until the last minute before deadlines.

.

Addictions can be good.

.

Some addictions are good.

.

We can be addicted to love.

.

We can be addicted to the love of our families, fathers, mothers, husbands, wives, children, friends, others.

.

Addictions are partly good and bad.

.

Life is better when we try our best to helpe ach other as we struggle with good and bad addictions and habits and desires and lifestyles and everything.

.

People are always getting better and getting worse at different things, addictions, habits, and everything, all at the same time.

.

A good employer understands that his staff are struggling in life with addictions and with life.

.

We are also addicted to life too.

.

We want to live longer.

.

We do not want to die.

.

Desire = want.

.

We desire life.

.




































.​

2017-03-30 THURSDAY 8 AM PNT ADDICTIONS ENGLISH TEACHER JOEYARNOLDVN .










No comments:

Post a Comment