Wednesday, April 26, 2017

2017-04-26 WEDNESDAY NIGHT 6 PM TATTOOS

English Class Notes 2017-04-26 Wednesday 6 PM AC HCM Teacher @JoeyArnoldVN

.

5 Vietnamese accents: 2 in the north, 2 in the south, one in the center.

.

P becomes B in Vietnamese for words

.

Vietnamese struggle with the following sounds:

1. P and B

2. N and L

3. TR and CH

4. Cũ and Củ (cu~ and cu?)

.

A guy will move from HCM to Da Nang to look for work.

.

Pronunciation:

1. Guy

2. Gay

.

More competition

.

Learned more without a traditional English curriculum lesson plan course in the past year.

.

Piggy bank is like a box of money.

.

Rainbow colors:

1. Red

2. Orange

3. Yellow

4. Green

5. Blue

6. Indigo

7. Violet (purple)

.

Green: leaf green

Blue: sky green

Rose: red

.

Ex colleague

Former colleague

Colleague

.

Last time

Last Monday

She was here Monday

She was here last Monday:

You can say she was here Monday. Today is Wednesday and it is not necessary to say last Monday if you say "WAS."

And because last Monday is still the current Monday of the week until next Monday comes around. When next Monday becomes today, then last Monday becomes last Monday.

.

I saw her, not that I see her or will see her in the future.

.

If I say I saw her Monday, you can assume I mean last Monday as in the last Monday before our current day and time and not any other Monday before that or after.

.

Today is the 26th and last Monday was the 24th and you do not have to say it was the last Monday and you do not have to call it the last Monday.

.

If you are talking about Monday and then you talk about the previous Monday, then that 2nd Monday becomes the Monday from the last (previous) week.

.

If there are 2 Mondays, then that means the last two Mondays. But if you only say Monday, then that is and was the previous Monday, like the 24th for example.

.

Please come Monday = please come next Monday.

I came Monday = I came here on the last or previous Monday.

.

Haircut

.

I cut my hair.

I get a haircut.

.

Some people are good for nothing.

.

I might have a mental limit or capacity

.

Things that are simple in English are also simple in Vietnamese.

.

If you struggle to understand what I say in English, then you might also strugglew to understand what I say Vietnamese as well

.

Your English is better than many people with broken English, especially older people

.

Older people learn slower and lack English fluency, rhythm, flow, currency.

.

Children can do it much better.

.

Why am I not as a kid as little boys and girls at English?

They love it and they got it stuck in their brains and they use it more often and more deeply and in better ways and their brains are healthier.

.

Our brains need more nuts, peanuts, walnuts, cashews, pecans

.

Nuts are hard and they have shells (covers) and they grow from trees and you open it to eat it. You can put it in the coffee. Nuts are brown. Nuts are round. I go around in a circle (round).

Metal nuts for bolts, screws, nails, building, construction, carpenters, engineers, computers, architects

.

Nuts are food and also metal for buildings.

.

You can use dictionaries to translate from English to English and that is a great idea and it is usually better than translating only and always from English and Vietnamese and that limits your ability to learn it and to understand it and use it and keep it and to own it.

.

Tattoo

.

Your skin absorbs everything on the skin like a sponge (fat towel or paper or blanket)

.

What is on your skin then goes into your body

.

People can have tattoos and they have that freedom

.

I do not want to stop people from having freedom because then they might try to take freedom from me too

.

I do not want to stop people from doing their hobbies because then they might stop me from doing my hobbies too

.

Sometimes, we can know a photo is photoshoped and faked. It can be obvious.

.

Sometimes, we may not realize that the photo is real and we may not want to believe it is real and we like to say that it is like fake news or not real like photoshoped.

.

They did laser tattoo removal to fade away the tattoo and then to remove the tattoo.

.

You met a man or at a gym and gave him my number for Facebook after he asked for it and then he was texting me all night like a million times and said he would give me babies if he was female and I felt annoyed and he lived with his family and must have a lot of free time and I want to call him and tell him to stop and to grow up.

.

I would turn off my phone to ignore it all

.

You can be polite but that might not always be useful if he is bad and it might be better to tell him he is doing the bad thing

.

It might be better to confront and to ask people and to tell people to stop doing bad things .

Reason

Recover

Improve

Change

.

Priority

Focus

What are the better things you can be doing right now?

.

You should not ask yourself which good things you can do because you don't have time to do all the good things and it is better to find the better things to do first

.

Being polite can be a good thing to do but is it the best thing to do at that moment?

.

Struggle

Conflict

Problem

.

Boundaries: border: limitations

Priorities

Guidelines

.

You want to limit yourself before life limits you.

.

Either you set limits for yourself or you will pass out later.

.

Limit your day before you fall asleep.

You can try to work or play or stay up for 4 days with no sleep but then you will probably fall asleep after that.

.

If you do not plan to stop, to sleep, then you will probably fall down randomly and suddenly, unexpectedly, unplanned, and then you will be asleep on the ground or floor.

.

If you fail to plan, then that is like planning to fail.

.


If you do not plan to stop, then life will stop you when you do not want to stop.

.

I would rather decide when to stop then to let life tell me when to stop.

.

Take a break or a vacation before it is too late and before you are too tired and stressed out and everything.

.

If you need more sleep, limit yourself from your phone at night.

.

Put your phone in airplane mode.

.

If you can handle it then good luck.

.

Balance

I'm a heavy sleeper like my dad and not a light sleeper like my mom.

.

When I sleep, I stop caring about everything, or I at least try to.

.

​​

English Class Notes 2017-04-26 Wednesday 6 PM AC HCM Teacher @JoeyArnoldVN

.

​​

No comments:

Post a Comment